Thursday, June 11, 2015

I'm going to be a doctor!







Hello everyone! I'm super excited to be starting so many new journeys and hope you will follow along as I enter the world of becoming a doctor!  I am in no way an expert in anything I write about, but I know what has worked (or not worked) for me.

I wasn't the typical medical school applicant.  And I don't plan on being the typical medical student (normal is boring).  I started out doing biomedical research and discovered that I was being pulled to medicine.  So I quit my fully funded, stipend-paying PhD program and took the plunge into the loan-building medical school world (a future post to come on this).

I am open to questions and comments and suggestions!! I hope to do monthly FAQ's so send me your questions! I will cover anything and everything from being applying to medical school, being accepted, being waitlisted, moving to a new state, living with pets, staying social but successful, being stylish yet professional and anything in between! I loved reading the blogs of other medical students and following them on through their highs and lows and learned so much along the way.

Email me at prettylittleDO@gmail.com and follow me on Twitter (@PrettyLittleDO)-I promise to start tweeting again now that I am official!

"And suddenly you know...it's time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings." -Meister Eckhart

No comments:

Post a Comment